Pookie Template

Monday, June 29, 2009

Oregon Coast 2009

Well our exciting adventure to the Oregon Coast is over and we had such a good time. We stayed at the Grand Victorian Bed & Breakfast Cottage in Nye Beach. It was so nice, and instead of being in the main house, we were in the small 1940s cottage just behind it. Bonus was we still got breakfast each morning, which was a lifesaver and a good vacation for me. Both mornings we had scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and pancakes. These were yummy, homemade pancakes too. SOOOOO good! Lynsie gobbled them up!

We arrived on Wednesday afternoon, but the weather wasn't too great. Most of the afternoon was spent relaxing in the cottage and child-proofing all the breakables. Haha! I feel like I have a radar when I walk into places and it was going off like crazy, I would have hated for Lynsie to break any of her nice teapots, etc. that were on display. When dinner rolled around on Wednesday, we headed to The Chowder Bowl for dinner. Very yummy chowder, even Mo's die-hard John thought it was good chowder. He, however, only had a cup of chowder with his Mahi-Mahi fish & chips. After dinner, we went down to feed the seagulls the rest of Lynsie's dinner she didn't eat. Haha! She got a kick out of that and how close the birds would come.

On Thursday morning after breakfast we headed to the Oregon Coast Aquarium where Keiko (a.k.a. "Free Willy") used to live. Right now they are featuring a display called "Oddwater," which was pretty cool. They used lots of black lights and had some different looking fish. Lynsie was a bit cranky after not sleeping too well the night before, so it took her awhile to warm up to the fishies. Eventually we did make it to the tidepools and she was able to feel a starfish and a sea anemone. She thought that was pretty darn cool! After we finished up at the aquarium, we headed over to John's beloved Mo's for lunch. They must make the worlds best Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches because I've NEVER seen Lynsie eat so much of her lunch in one sitting. None of it hit the floor. Yay! After we ate, we walked out onto the boardwalk a little and shared some ice cream. Lynsie was pretty wiped out at this point, so we headed back to the cottage for her nap time.

After Lynsie's nap, we headed to the beach... it was windy but the sun was shining. She was pretty excited for the beach, but wasn't so sure about the sand when we first got down there. We put her down in the dry sand and of course it went right into her shoes and she was NOT happy about that. We then moved on to the wet sand and she was a bit happier there. We spent about 45 minutes down there playing in the sand, running from the water, and building a sandcastle. It would have been PERFECT had the darn Oregon Coast wind not been blowing so hard. Guess it can't always go the way we want it to. Haha!

On Friday we got up, had breakfast, lounged around for a bit and headed home. Not a very exciting day, but Lynsie said she missed the cat's and wanted to go home. Haha! :o)

Lots and lots of pictures to share! So many that I had to do it in 2 slideshows! Hee hee!

Part 1:

Part 2:


  1. Sounds like a great trip..except for the weather! Cute pics, your new camera looks great!


  2. Glad you had a good time!!! Love the pics...I can't believe how much Lynsie looks like you!